Page 2 of 2
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:41 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
That's the correct procedure. The KB article is for MBR type drives, but the procedure is the same for GPT (
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=618). After the procedure, WinRE will usually be enabled on the Windows partition in the hidden \Recovery folder (e.g. \Recovery\WindowsRE).
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:26 am
by dax321
Bob Coleman wrote:
> TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
>
> > You can remove the WinRE partition if you really don't want it.
>
> It can also be combined with the OS partition, right? I think that's what I did, but
> I don't remember how or really why. Also, I'm using an EMBR disk. Maybe that's
> relevant.
Hi... If you are using BIU with EMBR the system is not UEFI anymore, right?
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 pm
by Bob Coleman
dax321 wrote:
> Bob Coleman wrote:
> > TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
> >
> > > You can remove the WinRE partition if you really don't want it.
> >
> > It can also be combined with the OS partition, right? I think that's what I
> did, but
> > I don't remember how or really why. Also, I'm using an EMBR disk. Maybe that's
> > relevant.
> Hi... If you are using BIU with EMBR the system it's not UEFI anymore, right?
I'm not using BIU. I'm using BIBM. At some level, It's UEFI because it has UEFI firmware rather than traditional BIOS, but I have the UEFI firmware set to do legacy booting, so, in a lot of respects, it behaves as if it were not UEFI.
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:56 am
by dax321
I see. My new laptop is just tested Win 10/ Ubuntu UEFI mode and i want to keep it so. I like enormously the way Bootit isolates the desired partitions - I think it's the only one in the world - only that Bootit UEFI seems to lack that feature, I'm yet to find out.
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:05 am
by Brian K
dax321 wrote:
>I like enormously the way Bootit isolates the desired
> partitions - I think it's the only one in the world - only that Bootit UEFI
> seems to lack that feature,
BIU can hide partitions too.
Re: Windows 10 questions with new UEFI boot-it
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:16 pm
by dax321
Brian K wrote:
> BIU can hide partitions too.
You say hide/unhide as you need, as I understand.
Hiding means they are there, I'd like very much the old approach getting them out of the partition table somehow, I'm yet to study this GPT, also yet to test Bootit UEFI.