Page 2 of 2

Re: IFW and Windows Server 2019

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:26 am
by George
Fairlane32,

I suggest reading Appendix B: Backup Strategies in the appropriate user
manual to get a better understanding of how you can leverage IFx to
keep more current backups of your server.

Using scripts to do full and differential backups, I run IFL to backup
Windows and Linux partitions spread over three hard drives to my
external 4TB backup hard drive. I manually launch the scripts and
periodically monitor progress. I'm sure you can do the same with IFW or
IFD.

You didn't mention about how you plan to launch IFx. I would run IFx
from a device (maybe a thumbdrive?) that doesn't mount the RAID so the
data is 100% static during backup.

--
George
---
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and
Those who don't.

Re: IFW and Windows Server 2019

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 am
by Brian K
fairlane32 wrote:

> Yes. I don't have an issue with a monthly backup of a whole image of a server to
> an external drive

fairlane32,

All OK. In case you haven't got to the scheduling yet....

Run through the IFW windows but in the Filename field choose a fixed name. Not one with the $. Click Schedule Backup, etc.

This will delete the old backup before creating the new backup.