Re: BIBM to BIU
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Bob Coleman wrote:
> TeraByte Support wrote:
> > there is a script to convert to/from gpt for you. chgdtype.tbs
>
> I tried that, but it didn't work. I'd have to try it again to remember exactly what
> happened though.
I decided to try again.
Ran chgdtype from BIBM install UFD.
Selected in turn:
Convert a Physical drive
HD1 - EMBR
Convert to GPT
Got messages:
Deleting BIBM partition - Unable to lock partition
Press Enter to continue
Pressed Enter and got
Operation failed
I then tried to uninstall BIBM and got "The Operation completed with Errors.
Rebooting did boot Windows though.
Ran chgdtype from BIBM UFD again selecting in turn
Convert a Phyisical Drive
HD1 - MBR
Screen displayed "Converting disk partitioning from MBR to GPT" for more than 15 minutes.
At that point, I gave up and restored the disk to its previous state.
> TeraByte Support wrote:
> > there is a script to convert to/from gpt for you. chgdtype.tbs
>
> I tried that, but it didn't work. I'd have to try it again to remember exactly what
> happened though.
I decided to try again.
Ran chgdtype from BIBM install UFD.
Selected in turn:
Convert a Physical drive
HD1 - EMBR
Convert to GPT
Got messages:
Deleting BIBM partition - Unable to lock partition
Press Enter to continue
Pressed Enter and got
Operation failed
I then tried to uninstall BIBM and got "The Operation completed with Errors.
Rebooting did boot Windows though.
Ran chgdtype from BIBM UFD again selecting in turn
Convert a Phyisical Drive
HD1 - MBR
Screen displayed "Converting disk partitioning from MBR to GPT" for more than 15 minutes.
At that point, I gave up and restored the disk to its previous state.