Re: Error code help please
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:29 pm
I have changed USB port. The cable is one of the old type with the
square input to the device. I'm still looking for one. Haven't run the
WD scan utility yet. I'll need some time: it's a 2TB drive.
On 8/24/2016 10:10 AM, Walter Blanchard wrote:
> Thanks. I'll give it a try. It's a WD My Disk (old) Will change cabling
> first as well as USB port on box.
>
> On 8/23/2016 11:47 AM, TeraByte Support wrote:
>> unable to read and freeze is the hard drive error and won't continue until
>> the drive recovers which can take an extended period of time. It will tell
>> you the number of bad sectors found at the end. You need to run the drive
>> manufactures scan utility on the drive (not chkdsk), but could be in the
>> electronics or cable as well.
>>
>>
>> "Walter Blanchard" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> I have gotten the same error several times during the Validation
>> process. It varies only in the LBA number (last time 99408112). I have
>> tried both Ignore and cancel. Each choice freezes the computer. One
>> time, so badly that I had to restore an image. I usually have two
>> images of the same OS, each on a separate external MBA drive which is
>> off unless I'm making images.
>> Computer: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z. BIOS is Windows UEFI. The internal
>> drives are all GPT. This problem only started with IFW v. 3.01.
>>
>> I have also run CHKDSK which shows no errors.
>>
>
--
Walter B
square input to the device. I'm still looking for one. Haven't run the
WD scan utility yet. I'll need some time: it's a 2TB drive.
On 8/24/2016 10:10 AM, Walter Blanchard wrote:
> Thanks. I'll give it a try. It's a WD My Disk (old) Will change cabling
> first as well as USB port on box.
>
> On 8/23/2016 11:47 AM, TeraByte Support wrote:
>> unable to read and freeze is the hard drive error and won't continue until
>> the drive recovers which can take an extended period of time. It will tell
>> you the number of bad sectors found at the end. You need to run the drive
>> manufactures scan utility on the drive (not chkdsk), but could be in the
>> electronics or cable as well.
>>
>>
>> "Walter Blanchard" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>> I have gotten the same error several times during the Validation
>> process. It varies only in the LBA number (last time 99408112). I have
>> tried both Ignore and cancel. Each choice freezes the computer. One
>> time, so badly that I had to restore an image. I usually have two
>> images of the same OS, each on a separate external MBA drive which is
>> off unless I'm making images.
>> Computer: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z. BIOS is Windows UEFI. The internal
>> drives are all GPT. This problem only started with IFW v. 3.01.
>>
>> I have also run CHKDSK which shows no errors.
>>
>
--
Walter B