Re: IFW Fail
Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:15 pm
On 2016-05-13 2:05 AM, TeraByte Support wrote:
> It would go to D:\log.txt provided logging results were enabled and not
> overridden on command line. If /logl:0 is there then logging is disabled,
> if /logfile: points to something else, that is where it wants to go (should
> do it early the the command line). Otherwise the default is ifw.log in the
> program folder.
>
> You'll need to see what it says in the log, the event log may have it as
> well, but more details in the .log file.
>
> "AlanD" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> On 2016-05-11 11:03 PM, Brian K wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> Open IFW, Settings. Do you have a path for Log file? If it is blank check
>> this folder...
>>
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2
>>
>>
> Re: log file in V2 folder, there is not one.
> Only IFW log file on my computer is in a folder I created a long time
> ago to store batch files, and as I said, that one terminated in June
> 2015-no entries since that time.
>
> In IFW Settings, there is an entry in Log File box that says D:\log.txt
> D: is the drive on which my TBI images are stored.
>
> So, at this point, I do not have any current log files, even though
> there is a checked entry in IFW options to create a log file.
>
>
A bit of a conundrum, when I can't examine the log file to see log path,
because there is no log file.
And no, I don't have logging overridden in command lie, and no, there is
no D:\log.txt file anywhere.
In short, there is no log file related to IFW on either drive, and it is
not being overriden, and it is ticked in options.
> It would go to D:\log.txt provided logging results were enabled and not
> overridden on command line. If /logl:0 is there then logging is disabled,
> if /logfile: points to something else, that is where it wants to go (should
> do it early the the command line). Otherwise the default is ifw.log in the
> program folder.
>
> You'll need to see what it says in the log, the event log may have it as
> well, but more details in the .log file.
>
> "AlanD" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> On 2016-05-11 11:03 PM, Brian K wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> Open IFW, Settings. Do you have a path for Log file? If it is blank check
>> this folder...
>>
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2
>>
>>
> Re: log file in V2 folder, there is not one.
> Only IFW log file on my computer is in a folder I created a long time
> ago to store batch files, and as I said, that one terminated in June
> 2015-no entries since that time.
>
> In IFW Settings, there is an entry in Log File box that says D:\log.txt
> D: is the drive on which my TBI images are stored.
>
> So, at this point, I do not have any current log files, even though
> there is a checked entry in IFW options to create a log file.
>
>
A bit of a conundrum, when I can't examine the log file to see log path,
because there is no log file.
And no, I don't have logging overridden in command lie, and no, there is
no D:\log.txt file anywhere.
In short, there is no log file related to IFW on either drive, and it is
not being overriden, and it is ticked in options.