Re: IFL boot disk fails
Posted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 pm
I had not updated my own IFL boot SD cards to IFL289 and got curious.
I used Makedisk.exe and the only non-default change I made was inserting
the install code.
The SD card booted, perhaps with more messages than older versions.
Not sure. It does slow down @ getting networking info but has all along.
I ran an image to SD card and BFB validated. Everything came out fine.
Mary
On 5/26/2014 8:03 AM, TP wrote:
> P19 wrote:
>>> "... I assume you're using 2.89 now, so was 2.88 OK?"
>>
>> Yes, correct on both counts. I use a regular BIOS boot, not UEFI, and I frequently
>> make use of IFL CD for backing up my primary PC and for working with the several VMs
>> on it, religiously. Normally I would have kept the previous version around until
>> verifying the new one worked perfectly. I have never had an issue until now, but I
>> broke the pattern and, well, this will be the last time I ever again do so. Where can
>> I now get version 2.88 so that I am not without one that works until we have figured
>> out what's going on? Thanks.
>
> Ok, please send an email to TeraByte Support (
>
> [
> [email protected]
> ](mailto:[email protected])
>
> )
>
>
I used Makedisk.exe and the only non-default change I made was inserting
the install code.
The SD card booted, perhaps with more messages than older versions.
Not sure. It does slow down @ getting networking info but has all along.
I ran an image to SD card and BFB validated. Everything came out fine.
Mary
On 5/26/2014 8:03 AM, TP wrote:
> P19 wrote:
>>> "... I assume you're using 2.89 now, so was 2.88 OK?"
>>
>> Yes, correct on both counts. I use a regular BIOS boot, not UEFI, and I frequently
>> make use of IFL CD for backing up my primary PC and for working with the several VMs
>> on it, religiously. Normally I would have kept the previous version around until
>> verifying the new one worked perfectly. I have never had an issue until now, but I
>> broke the pattern and, well, this will be the last time I ever again do so. Where can
>> I now get version 2.88 so that I am not without one that works until we have figured
>> out what's going on? Thanks.
>
> Ok, please send an email to TeraByte Support (
>
> [
> [email protected]
> ](mailto:[email protected])
>
> )
>
>