Re: Why CHKDSK in 7 after using 8.1 ?
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:23 am
partition work can turn it off for you if it was on. anyway, have you
rebooted to win7 from win7. if it chkdsk each type you just need to fix the
registry.
"Patosan" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
OK guys I had become so frustrated by the only advice being turn off Fast
Startup via Power Options, when it wasn't there as an option for me. So I
re-installed 8.1 again ! This time before turning off hibernation or
changing the power plan to High Performance I could see the option ... Yahoo
!! So I disabled it there and restarted into win7, alas still getting
CHKDSK. So now we know that after killing Hibernation the Fast Startup
option in Power Options disappears, as does Hibernation check box.
Then I tried a normal SD and power up, rather than "restart" but the same
result ... CHKDSK. In all the checks I've experienced over the last few days
there haven't been any errors found. There hasn't been any data loss or
corruption, just a long checking delay. I then went and did my usual cmd>
powercfg -h off hibernation kill and still getting CHKDSK.
So in summary I have tried :
1. Unchecking Fast Startup in Power Options
2. Killing Hibernation via cmd/ powercfg -h off (as admin)
3. Used balanced and High Performance power plans
4. Turn_Off_Fast_Startup.bat file for registry fix
5. msFixIt Stop Hibernation prog
6. checked Fast Startup "off" in BIBM partition properties
7. Triedclosing8.1 via both Shutdown & Restart modes
Where to next ?
rebooted to win7 from win7. if it chkdsk each type you just need to fix the
registry.
"Patosan" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
OK guys I had become so frustrated by the only advice being turn off Fast
Startup via Power Options, when it wasn't there as an option for me. So I
re-installed 8.1 again ! This time before turning off hibernation or
changing the power plan to High Performance I could see the option ... Yahoo
!! So I disabled it there and restarted into win7, alas still getting
CHKDSK. So now we know that after killing Hibernation the Fast Startup
option in Power Options disappears, as does Hibernation check box.
Then I tried a normal SD and power up, rather than "restart" but the same
result ... CHKDSK. In all the checks I've experienced over the last few days
there haven't been any errors found. There hasn't been any data loss or
corruption, just a long checking delay. I then went and did my usual cmd>
powercfg -h off hibernation kill and still getting CHKDSK.
So in summary I have tried :
1. Unchecking Fast Startup in Power Options
2. Killing Hibernation via cmd/ powercfg -h off (as admin)
3. Used balanced and High Performance power plans
4. Turn_Off_Fast_Startup.bat file for registry fix
5. msFixIt Stop Hibernation prog
6. checked Fast Startup "off" in BIBM partition properties
7. Triedclosing8.1 via both Shutdown & Restart modes
Where to next ?