Page 2 of 2

Re: New SSD with only partion image

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:07 am
by Brian K
hpigler wrote:

> I am not sure what the last comment regarding the wrong partition. I am not
> familiar with the BCDEDIT command, but my understanding is that it connects
> to the system partition, right?

The BCD might be in the "wrong" partition. Try each partition in turn and click BCD Edit until it works.

Re: New SSD with only partion image

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 pm
by hpigler
Update:
The bcdedit was not a problem of the restore (kind of) but not having a drive letter assigned to the system partition. As soon as I did bcdedit works as advertised.
I think I am good now.
Thank you for your help.

Re: New SSD with only partion image

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:27 pm
by Eric
Just for info: how did you reassigned the system drive letter?