When you upgrade, you should upgrade your boot disk as well.
"MarkA" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
OK...I'll do my very best to stay calm.
I've been a user of (and recommended) multiple Terabyte products for a very,
very long time - I don't expect to have to read the manual with every
release. I guess I've been lucky in past decade or so, as I haven't always
read the release notes either.
Page 46 of the manual basically says that backward compatibility may be
broken with any release going forward:
"Backwards Compatible - Current versions of Image for Windows may use a TBI
format that is not compatible with prior versions.... "
Clearly between, as shown by the difference between the screenshot in the
manual, and the screen shot of 2.87 I posted above, the compatibility button
disappeared from the GUI in 2.87.
You broke my backup. You've said that this may happen arbitrarily with any
future release. Running TBwinRE with every release isn't fun. I could have
been subjected to a lot of additional pain had I not used Windows built-in
system image as well as IFW (rebuild OS from scratch, reinstall IFW, restore
recent backup). Your release quality check somehow lost the compatibility
button in 2.87.
I have loved your products, but these are serious problems that challenge my
faith in your ability to do the Right Things going forward.
Feel free to contact me if I can provide any further input.
- Mark