Page 2 of 3

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:07 pm
by TeraByte Support
what did you backup and what compression option did you use?


"VanBuran" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I get the error on Win 8.1 64bit and on Win 7.0 64bit. Win 7 wants the drive
to be formatted first.


Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:25 pm
by DrTeeth
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 13:07:46 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>what did you backup and what compression option did you use?

PMFJI, but I am having exactly the same issue as the OP (including the
'need to format' error).

What I have been backing up and how has not changed since I last used
TBIMount a few weeks ago.

Backing up OS partitions (primaries unlimited) and using Enhanced
Speed A compression.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:41 am
by VanBuran
TeraByte Support wrote:
> what did you backup and what compression option did you use?
>
>
> "VanBuran" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> I get the error on Win 8.1 64bit and on Win 7.0 64bit. Win 7 wants the
> drive
> to be formatted first.

Backup operating system Win8.1 64bit using Enhanced Size-A

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:15 am
by TeraByte Support
Can you validate it using IFW?

"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 13:07:46 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support"

disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>what did you backup and what compression option did you use?

PMFJI, but I am having exactly the same issue as the OP (including the
'need to format' error).

What I have been backing up and how has not changed since I last used
TBIMount a few weeks ago.

Backing up OS partitions (primaries unlimited) and using Enhanced
Speed A compression.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.


Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:55 am
by VanBuran
I do not have a problem with Validating after making an Image in IFW. I also do not have a problem restoring using IFL from a USB stick. TBIView also works OK.

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:56 pm
by DrTeeth
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 22:15:47 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>Can you validate it using IFW?

All images are validated okay at the time of their creation. FWIW, I
have an install of IfW 2.85 that has the same issue with its TBIMount
(whilst trying to check v2.85 images).
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 pm
by DrTeeth
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 23:55:36 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
VanBuran disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>I do not have a problem with Validating after making an Image in IFW. I also do not have a problem restoring using IFL from a USB stick. TBIView also works OK.
>
Same here. Just tested an image I just made with 'standard'
compression and still could not mount it.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:04 pm
by TeraByte Support
Well, if you have the prior version installed, and rebooted to ensure it's
the one in affect, then something else has changed / causing the issue
you're seeing.

"DrTeeth" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 22:15:47 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support"

disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>Can you validate it using IFW?

All images are validated okay at the time of their creation. FWIW, I
have an install of IfW 2.85 that has the same issue with its TBIMount
(whilst trying to check v2.85 images).
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.


Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:09 pm
by TeraByte Support
but in your case, you can open the 2.85 files in tbimount?

"VanBuran" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I do not have a problem with Validating after making an Image in IFW. I also
do not have a problem restoring using IFL from a USB stick. TBIView also
works OK.


Re: Cannot Mount drive TBIMount Ver.2.86

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 pm
by DrTeeth
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 09:04:53 PST, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:

>Well, if you have the prior version installed, and rebooted to ensure it's
>the one in affect, then something else has changed / causing the issue
>you're seeing.

On all my PCs? There has to be something in common with my PC(s) and
that of the OP. Are there any debug builds or anything like that I
could run?

Do you have a zip file of TBIMount versions so I could test a few?
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.