No Disk Imaging icon

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
RFSndrs

No Disk Imaging icon

Post by RFSndrs »

I was copying my secondary HD on my HP DV7 to a new HD via a USB enclosure when my computer 'blue screened'. I tried to reboot and it said no booting device was available. I then installed my flash drive with BIBM installed and it read my flash drive wrong. So, I made a CD ROM (yup, I still have a CD ROM) with BIBM on it and booted it. It said that my primary HD (which is really a SSD) had my secondary HD partition on it. I assumed I had made a mistake and copied the HD to the wrong drive destroying my primary partition. I deleted my primary partition on my SSD but my CD ROM version had no icon for re-imaging. I told it to install on my SSD and when I booted my SSD the Disk Imaging icon still wasn't available. What happened? I have a legal copy of BIBM and it seems correct on the 'about' page but no icon for Disk Imaging.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob S
Brian K

Re: No Disk Imaging icon

Post by Brian K »

Bob,

I suggest you make another BIBM CD. On the "Select the optional components" screen, tick the 2 boxes.
RFSndrs

Re: No Disk Imaging icon

Post by RFSndrs »

Please disregard this question. It turned out to be a bad CD RW (I know, I called it a CD ROM). I redid the 'make disk' with a real CD ROM and everything was okay. EDIT: I read your reply after I posted my reply, Brian, and you were right on.

BTW, my problem in the end was a bad SSD connector.

Thanks,
Bob S