IFW and UAC/Administrator

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Bob Coleman

IFW and UAC/Administrator

Post by Bob Coleman »

I ask this question just to increase my knowledge of the UAC and Admin User issues, not to complaibn about IFW.

Invoking IFW results in a UAC prompt (if running in an Admin User) or a prompt for an Admin User pasword (if running in a Standard User). Is this because IFW intentionally has some property that causes this to happen or because Windows somehow determines that IFW may do something "dangerous"?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: IFW and UAC/Administrator

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Programs that need elevated access to the system in order to function correctly set the UAC execution level in the manifest file of the program. Windows will then prompt as needed to allow the requested access level.
mjnelson99

Re: IFW and UAC/Administrator

Post by mjnelson99 »

I am running Thunderbird using XP SP3 compatibility since I like the
display better than straight Win 7.

I get UAC when I start it as well as IFW.
Mary

On 3/31/2014 12:08 PM, Bob Coleman wrote:
> I ask this question just to increase my knowledge of the UAC and Admin User issues, not to complaibn about IFW.
>
> Invoking IFW results in a UAC prompt (if running in an Admin User) or a prompt for an Admin User pasword (if running in a Standard User). Is this because IFW intentionally has some property that causes this to happen or because Windows somehow determines that IFW may do something "dangerous"?
>
>