does restoring often image degrade the ssd performance?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
giulia

Re: does restoring often image degrade the ssd performance?

Post by giulia »

Brian K wrote:
> giulia wrote:
>
> > how can use a command line working with image for windows winpe?
>
> I use TBWinRE instead of TBWinPE. There are several ways to run a command line (See
> the tutorial) ....
>
> "IFWModeParameters - Use this option to specify the command line options for IFW
> when using IFW mode. This is useful if you want to configure the TBWinRE build to
> auto-run IFW and perform a specific task (e.g. create a backup or restore an image).
>
> Example: IFWModeParameters=/b /v /d:w0 /f:"e:\backups\win7.tbi"
> /desc:"Windows 7 Drive"
>
> FindBootDrive - Searches for the TBWinRE boot media drive after booting (0 =
> disabled, 1 = enabled). If enabled, TBLauncher will search for the boot media. If
> found, the following applies:
>
> The %TBDrive% environment variable will be set to the drive letter of the boot
> media and can be used in custom scripts or menu items.
>
> If the \TBData\TBLauncher.ini file exists on the drive it will be used instead of
> the built-in INI file. Note that the initialization options in the replacement file
> won't be used since initialization has already occurred. However, the Mode option and
> menu items will be used.
>
> If the \TBData\autorun.cmd file exists on the drive it will be run, overriding
> the Mode setting. This allows easy configuration and use of an auto-run script
> without needing to recreate the build. Important: Care should be taken when using an
> auto-run script. Depending on the script, having it run on the wrong system or when
> not applicable may have undesirable consequences."
>
> I prefer a UFD as you can edit autorun.cmd in Windows.

thanks
but can i do it with under winpe or under linux iso?
it's the way that works better for my system
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: does restoring often image degrade the ssd performance?

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

For TBWinRE/PE, if you want the option enabled by default just include it in the IFW.INI file. For example, to enable it for restores it goes in the [Restore_Defaults] section of the file:

[Restore_Defaults]
WriteChangedSecsOnly=1

--

If you always use the option just add it to the IFW.INI file in the IFW installation folder. Otherwise, you can copy the IFW.INI file into the TBWinRE/PE build folder and modify it how you want. If the IFW.INI file exists in the build folder it will be used instead of the file in the installation folder. This allows you to use custom settings for your builds.