TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
I'm trying to build a TBWinRE ISO for my Dell Vostro 3560 laptop. The
build works fine and I've included the Intel RST drivers and the
internal disk is accessible from the booted image.
My problem is finding suitable USB 3 drivers to allow access to my
external HD that contains my IFW images. I've determined that I have
an Intel eXtensible host controller and my chipset is C216, but when I
include the x64 folders from the downloaded .zip file, my USB HD
cannot be seen by IFW.
Is there an alternate place to obtain the drivers in a suitable
format?
build works fine and I've included the Intel RST drivers and the
internal disk is accessible from the booted image.
My problem is finding suitable USB 3 drivers to allow access to my
external HD that contains my IFW images. I've determined that I have
an Intel eXtensible host controller and my chipset is C216, but when I
include the x64 folders from the downloaded .zip file, my USB HD
cannot be seen by IFW.
Is there an alternate place to obtain the drivers in a suitable
format?
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
Are you using the Windows 7 WinRE for the build?
What version of the Intel drivers are you using?
What version of the Intel drivers are you using?
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 23:04:33 PST, TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
>Are you using the Windows 7 WinRE for the build?
Yes
>
>What version of the Intel drivers are you using?
>
I searched the Intel support site and ended up on this page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21129&ProdId=3467&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%20*&DownloadType=Drivers
I downloaded the
Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver.zip file and
expanded it into the TBWinRE\Drivers folder. I removed the x86\
folders, leaving the x64\ ones. (My Win7 is 64 bit.)
During the TPWinRE build I noted that it successfully found 3 .inf
files (plus the 2 RST files).
But no sign of the external USB drive in the loaded system. IFW showed
only the internal HD, and at the DOS prompt the next free drive
letters were inaccessible.
>Are you using the Windows 7 WinRE for the build?
Yes
>
>What version of the Intel drivers are you using?
>
I searched the Intel support site and ended up on this page:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21129&ProdId=3467&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%20*&DownloadType=Drivers
I downloaded the
Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver.zip file and
expanded it into the TBWinRE\Drivers folder. I removed the x86\
folders, leaving the x64\ ones. (My Win7 is 64 bit.)
During the TPWinRE build I noted that it successfully found 3 .inf
files (plus the 2 RST files).
But no sign of the external USB drive in the loaded system. IFW showed
only the internal HD, and at the DOS prompt the next free drive
letters were inaccessible.
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
I've run into a similar problem with the Intel Windows 7 USB 3.0 drivers for the C220 series chipset. I didn't have the problem using any of the older USB 3.0 drivers I've tried (these were different chipsets, though).
If you try to load the drivers after booting to TBWinRE/PE does it say a reboot is required?
At the time, I ended up using a Windows 8 build (which included the drivers already).
If you try to load the drivers after booting to TBWinRE/PE does it say a reboot is required?
At the time, I ended up using a Windows 8 build (which included the drivers already).
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:24:27 PST, TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
>I've run into a similar problem with the Intel Windows 7 USB 3.0 drivers for the C220 series chipset. I didn't have the problem using any of the older USB 3.0 drivers I've tried (these were different chipsets, though).
>
>If you try to load the drivers after booting to TBWinRE/PE does it say a reboot is required?
>
I unpacked the zip file mentioned previously to my internal hd and
removed the drivers from the \TPWinRE\Drivers folder, then generated a
new TPWinRE.
After booting TPWinRE, from a DOS prompt I cd'd to where I unpacked
the zip previously, found setup.exe and tried to run it. Immediately
got the message 'The subsystem needed to support the image type is not
present'.
Is that what you wanted me to try?
>At the time, I ended up using a Windows 8 build (which included the drivers already).
>
As I'm not intending to change to Windows 8, is it possible to
download the Windows 8 or 8.1 ADK and install it into Windows 7 and
generate a usable WinPE?
Would this include the USB 3 drivers needed?
If this is possible, do you recommend ADK 8 or 8.1?
>I've run into a similar problem with the Intel Windows 7 USB 3.0 drivers for the C220 series chipset. I didn't have the problem using any of the older USB 3.0 drivers I've tried (these were different chipsets, though).
>
>If you try to load the drivers after booting to TBWinRE/PE does it say a reboot is required?
>
I unpacked the zip file mentioned previously to my internal hd and
removed the drivers from the \TPWinRE\Drivers folder, then generated a
new TPWinRE.
After booting TPWinRE, from a DOS prompt I cd'd to where I unpacked
the zip previously, found setup.exe and tried to run it. Immediately
got the message 'The subsystem needed to support the image type is not
present'.
Is that what you wanted me to try?
>At the time, I ended up using a Windows 8 build (which included the drivers already).
>
As I'm not intending to change to Windows 8, is it possible to
download the Windows 8 or 8.1 ADK and install it into Windows 7 and
generate a usable WinPE?
Would this include the USB 3 drivers needed?
If this is possible, do you recommend ADK 8 or 8.1?
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
You would just need to use the "Load Driver" option in the "Tools" menu of TBLauncher to install them. You can't run setup.exe since it's x86 (might not work anyway since not full Windows).
You can use the Windows 8 ADK in Windows 7. I'd recommend 8.1 since it has more current drivers. The links are on the TBWinPE page (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm). You'd need to try it to know for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include the drivers you need.
You can use the Windows 8 ADK in Windows 7. I'd recommend 8.1 since it has more current drivers. The links are on the TBWinPE page (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm). You'd need to try it to know for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include the drivers you need.
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:15:03 PST, TeraByte Support(PP) wrote:
>You would just need to use the "Load Driver" option in the "Tools" menu of TBLauncher to install them. You can't run setup.exe since it's x86 (might not work anyway since not full Windows).
>
>You can use the Windows 8 ADK in Windows 7. I'd recommend 8.1 since it has more current drivers. The links are on the TBWinPE page (
>
>[
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm
>](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinpe_tutorial.htm)
>
>). You'd need to try it to know for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include the drivers you need.
>
I abandoned my attempts to get WinRe working and installed the 8.1ADK
and generated a WinPe image. It all works! And what a difference in
load speed! WinRe took 4 minutes to load on my laptop, while WinPe
takes 10 seconds!
By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
disappears. I suggest replacing lines 799 and 831 (currently 'echo.')
with the next line:-
echo. & tbutil -pause -m "Press any key to exit script..."
Thanks for your help.
>You would just need to use the "Load Driver" option in the "Tools" menu of TBLauncher to install them. You can't run setup.exe since it's x86 (might not work anyway since not full Windows).
>
>You can use the Windows 8 ADK in Windows 7. I'd recommend 8.1 since it has more current drivers. The links are on the TBWinPE page (
>
>[
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm
>](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinpe_tutorial.htm)
>
>). You'd need to try it to know for sure, but I'd be surprised if it didn't include the drivers you need.
>
I abandoned my attempts to get WinRe working and installed the 8.1ADK
and generated a WinPe image. It all works! And what a difference in
load speed! WinRe took 4 minutes to load on my laptop, while WinPe
takes 10 seconds!
By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
disappears. I suggest replacing lines 799 and 831 (currently 'echo.')
with the next line:-
echo. & tbutil -pause -m "Press any key to exit script..."
Thanks for your help.
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
TAC109 wrote:
> By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
> 5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
> disappears.
Tom,
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the first TBWinRE.cmd screen? Both options 4 and 5 work for me.
> By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
> 5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
> disappears.
Tom,
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the first TBWinRE.cmd screen? Both options 4 and 5 work for me.
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
I see it. Thanks.
Re: TBWinRE USB 3 Drivers
On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:14:20 PST, Brian K wrote:
>TAC109 wrote:
>
>> By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
>> 5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
>> disappears.
>
>Tom,
>
>I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the first TBWinRE.cmd screen? Both options 4 and 5 work for me.
>
These options display lists a screen at a time. After the last screen
displays, the window just disappears so you can't see the last page of
information.
As I live in New Zealand, I need to see the last screen of option 4.
>TAC109 wrote:
>
>> By the way, there's a problem with the TBWinPE.cmd script. Options 4 &
>> 5 don't pause at the end of their lists, so the script window just
>> disappears.
>
>Tom,
>
>I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the first TBWinRE.cmd screen? Both options 4 and 5 work for me.
>
These options display lists a screen at a time. After the last screen
displays, the window just disappears so you can't see the last page of
information.
As I live in New Zealand, I need to see the last screen of option 4.