Thanks for the TeraByte suite of products. I am really happy with not having to give my machine over to any one operating system by using your applications.
I have a question about IFW 2.8. I made an image last year of a partition using IFW that was out at that time. I think it was 2.77? Anyway, when I restored this image using IFW2.8 several icons for Microsoft applications did not come along with it. Specifically Office 2010 shortcut icons on the taskbar and in the "all programs" list for Outlook, Excel, and Word. Also the shortcut for Silverlight. There may be others I haven`t come across yet. I looked back through the message board and couldn't find any topic concerning this and search brought nothing either. Any suggestions?
Thanks, plain
IFW Restore Is Missing Some Icons
Re: IFW Restore Is Missing Some Icons
I am not an expert, but I can't think of anything in the image process
itself that could omit icons and nothing else. Did you restore everything
to the same partitions that were present when you made the image? The only
thing I could think of is that a partition letter was somehow changed, so
the reference to the icon in the registry did not refer to the correct
place.
Good luck.
"plain" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Thanks for the TeraByte suite of products. I am really happy with not
having to give my machine over to any one operating system by using your
applications.
I have a question about IFW 2.8. I made an image last year of a partition
using IFW that was out at that time. I think it was 2.77? Anyway, when I
restored this image using IFW2.8 several icons for Microsoft applications
did not come along with it. Specifically Office 2010 shortcut icons on the
taskbar and in the "all programs" list for Outlook, Excel, and Word. Also
the shortcut for Silverlight. There may be others I haven`t come across
yet. I looked back through the message board and couldn't find any topic
concerning this and search brought nothing either. Any suggestions?
Thanks, plain
itself that could omit icons and nothing else. Did you restore everything
to the same partitions that were present when you made the image? The only
thing I could think of is that a partition letter was somehow changed, so
the reference to the icon in the registry did not refer to the correct
place.
Good luck.
"plain" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Thanks for the TeraByte suite of products. I am really happy with not
having to give my machine over to any one operating system by using your
applications.
I have a question about IFW 2.8. I made an image last year of a partition
using IFW that was out at that time. I think it was 2.77? Anyway, when I
restored this image using IFW2.8 several icons for Microsoft applications
did not come along with it. Specifically Office 2010 shortcut icons on the
taskbar and in the "all programs" list for Outlook, Excel, and Word. Also
the shortcut for Silverlight. There may be others I haven`t come across
yet. I looked back through the message board and couldn't find any topic
concerning this and search brought nothing either. Any suggestions?
Thanks, plain