Partition ID

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Partition ID

Post by Brian K »

In embr.txt there is

D) Run "EMBR 0 PID <oldid> <newid>
e.g. EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF

In BIBM scripting, if you enter

exec embr.exe

you will see all the options.
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Partition ID

Post by Bob Coleman »

Is there any way to change the id of a volume (logical partition)?

A command such as

EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF

works on a primary partition, but seems to have no effect on a volume.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Partition ID

Post by TeraByte Support »

If you use "volume sequence" option the ID will be the order of the volumes.

From what I recall there is a way to set the volume id (lower byte)
somewhere - I'll try to remember to look for it...





TBOSDT has options to change the IDs.

"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Is there any way to change the id of a volume (logical partition)?

A command such as

EMBR 0 PID 0x03 0xBF

works on a primary partition, but seems to have no effect on a volume.

Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Partition ID

Post by Bob Coleman »

"volume sequence" option where?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Partition ID

Post by TeraByte Support »

in setting "sequential volume ids"

"Bob Coleman" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

"volume sequence" option where?

Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Partition ID

Post by Bob Coleman »

OK, I see that in IFD settings now, but it's not really relevant. The ID of the volume in question didn't get assigned by IFD. Due to some partition rearrangement in BIBM Partition Work, I ended up with a volume on which I create images with an id of 301. Its counterpart had been 3EA. I'm not sure when or how that got assigned and it doesn't matter. The 301 appears to have been assigned because the volume was created as part of rearranging I was doing. When I was finished with that, 301 remained and 3EA was gone. What I wanted to do was change 301 to 3EA to match a number of backup scripts. It's an academic issue for now since I've instead changed 3EA to 301 in all the scripts.
Post Reply