BootIt Bare Metal: How to set next boot O/S from Windows?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Mark Kratzer

BootIt Bare Metal: How to set next boot O/S from Windows?

Post by Mark Kratzer »

Maybe someone can help me with this. Thanks.

[quote]
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have purchased your product which you may validate below.

<removed>

Your product is truly brilliant and amazingly useful. However, I have one difficulty with it.

I have set up a dual boot host with:

(a) Windows XP Pro SP3 32b
(b) Windows 7 Pro SP1 32b

I mainly operate this host via remote control using TeamViewer (a VNC/UDP remote control implementation).

The problem arises that there is no way when running either hosted O/S to specify which O/S I want to come up on the next boot. (Since I only have remote control capability once Windows is already up and running.) This forces me to be physically present at the console to select the O/S for the next boot if I want to switch between XP and Win7.

Have you or a third party written a utility which can be run from Windows that will alter the next boot default stored in your EMBR partition? Thus, I could switch which O/S would come up on the next boot without having to go to the console. (NOTE: I am already able to power up the host remotely using a Wake on LAN Magic Packet.) I would find such a utility extremely useful!

Thank you.

--
Sent from MK2-WIN7 by Thunderbird
[/quote]
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: BootIt Bare Metal: How to set next boot O/S from Window

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You can use BootNow to select which OS to boot from Windows:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/BOOTNOW.ZIP
Mark Kratzer

Re: BootIt Bare Metal: How to set next boot O/S from Window

Post by Mark Kratzer »