IFW installation
IFW installation
During installation of the suite of programs, a link to IFW is created in the Windows Start Folder like so: "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew.exe". Since I have a 64-bit version of Windows, is there any reason I should not change the link to this one: "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe"? I am not sure why this latter one was not used automatically.
Re: IFW installation
The scripts look for it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\imagew64.exe"
That's as far I know, maybe it can be changed,
Chris
That's as far I know, maybe it can be changed,
Chris
Re: IFW installation
In common with *many* 64 bit versions of programs, they do not provide any advantage in an x64 environment and indeed, are often not as fast. This is the case with the 64 bit version of IfW.
I was only included in the install to be used in one of the windows recovery disks for use on an x64 system.
DrT
I was only included in the install to be used in one of the windows recovery disks for use on an x64 system.
DrT
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: IFW installation
On Windows 8 x64 and later imagew64.exe is used for the shortcuts. Otherwise, the x86 version should work fine.
The scripts look for any required files in the default installation paths. Changing/adding a menu shortcut or desktop shortcut isn't going to affect that. However, don't rename imagew64.exe to imagew.exe -- that would cause problems.
The scripts look for any required files in the default installation paths. Changing/adding a menu shortcut or desktop shortcut isn't going to affect that. However, don't rename imagew64.exe to imagew.exe -- that would cause problems.
Re: IFW installation
Why is the x64 executable used on Win 8 and later when TeraByte has said that it has no advantages over the 32 bit version and is slower in some cases?
Thanks,
DrT
Thanks,
DrT
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: IFW installation
My understanding is that the x86 version caused a problem on some Windows 8 x64 systems.
Re: IFW installation
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:18:33 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>My understanding is that the x86 version caused a problem on some Windows 8 x64 systems.
Thanks
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>My understanding is that the x86 version caused a problem on some Windows 8 x64 systems.
Thanks
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.