How tocreate bootable CD with ALL progs on ?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
garry35

How tocreate bootable CD with ALL progs on ?

Post by garry35 »

i have bought the terabyte 5in1 bundle but now i want to know if its possible to create a bootable cd or usb pendrive containing all the progs. this would make things much and avoid the need for a stack of boot cds.
tas3086

Re: How to create bootable CD with ALL progs on ?

Post by tas3086 »

GRUB4DOS will let you create a bootable dos cd/pen drive that will boot from a menu of selectable .iso images

So take the .iso images of all the applications, add them to the grub menu, and to the grub file, and then create the bootable grub disk. Boot from this GRUB thing, and select the application that you want to run. You will end up booting separate operating systems, but at least they will be all on one CD/DVD/Pen/Thumb ! You will end up booting separate operating systems, but at least they will be all on one CD/DVD/Pen/Thumb !

If you want to get creative, you can add all this to a BOOTITBM menu item so that it is easily selected when you boot your system.

Should work fine. Good luck.

Alternatively, if you boot windows, you can edit the BCD and from the windows boot menu, have windows boot one of your application disks (again .iso image).

and, If you boot linux, you can do the same with its grub boot loader.

So lots of options
aussieboykie

Re: How tocreate bootable CD with ALL progs on ?

Post by aussieboykie »

garry35 wrote:
> i have bought the terabyte 5in1 bundle but now i want to know if its
> possible to create a bootable cd or usb pendrive containing all the progs.
> this would make things much and avoid the need for a stack of boot cds.

Check out SARDU at http://www.sarducd.it/ for a very easy way of doing what you want.

On related matters, I have successfully booted BootIt Bare Metal, Image for DOS, and Image for Linux from a USB stick created with SARDU. To date, BBM and IFD have worked flawlessly from the stick but IFL works on some PCs and not on others. When IFL fails, it does so well into the process but before the GUI appears. When I have time to play with this some more I'll do some proper debugging. Interestingly, on the PCs where IFL under SARDU fails to make it all the way to the GUI, there is no problem booting IFL from a CD created from the exact same ISO.

Regards, AB