the video settings are in bootitbm.ini - you can remove them all to set
defaults.
"rustleg" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Hi Dr T
-------
My friend Richard (Graviton) is still offline until tomorrow, but I've been
in contact. Would you be able to say what BIBM settings you used which are
non-default? Also are there any particular non-default BIOS settings?
When he is able to select Display Settings from the BIBM Edit menu it only
gives him one video option 640x480 16 colours, the other radio buttons which
should be there aren't shown. This occurs even if he chooses a higher
resolution in creating the USB boot media. On my system (Asus P6T) I don't
even see 16 colours, I get all 6 choices either 256 or 64K colours. It looks
like it's defaulting to VGA for some unknown reason.
What video card do you use? He hasn't tried flashing the video, because he
also has problems with another video card. I loaned him my spare ATI
graphics card and he says it is no different, so I don't think using
different graphics firmware will help. However I've asked him to try this
ATI card again and see if he can get something other than the VGA only
choice.
He has a Winbond BIOS with code 25X16AVAIZ, is your BIOS the same?
Hi TBS(PP)
----------
See above - yes looks like it's only using VGA. What does he have to do to
avoid it being forced into VGA mode? Also I haven't come across a config
file - where is this?
(General comments)
------------------
Another thing occurs to me: His mouse is USB. Are there any USB settings
which should be looked at? Bearing in mind he has disabled mouse support and
still gets his problems.
When he explained to me what happens he says it draws the screen very
slowly - you can see it filling up the screen from the top down, so not only
VGA but extremely slow VGA.