Unable to dual boot Windows 8 Evaluation Copy

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
normfowler

Unable to dual boot Windows 8 Evaluation Copy

Post by normfowler »

I have tried several times to install Windows 8 evaluation copy and dual boot it with Windows 7. Even with the fast start disabled I cannot boot into the Windows 8 partition after enabling the bootit bm again. I get the message that I need to select another partition or insert bootable media.

Is there something different with the evaluation copy, other than fast start being the default? I never had this problem with either of the other two releases of Windows 8.

Norm
Brian K

Re: Unable to dual boot Windows 8 Evaluation Copy

Post by Brian K »

Norm,

Did you try to boot the Win8 partition in BIBM before you installed Win8. Maybe the partition wasn't active and the booting files aren't in the Win8 partition. Did the install create a 350 MB partition? A SRP.
normfowler

Post by normfowler »

Yes, I did try to boot the Win8 partition before installing it and it was active. I did not create a 350 mb partition for anything and I am sorry to say I don't know what SRP stands for.

Norm
normfowler

Post by normfowler »

The problem has been solved and I probably would not have noticed if David from TeraByte support had not asked me to check the boot sequence and it turns out I had somehow checked next bios device. I had looked at this several times and never noticed that item was checked and have no idea how it got checked, as I never use that.

I did not notice anyway to mark this problem as solved, but if someone knows how please change it.

Thanks for all the help.

Norm