Windows ADK Installation Features

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
pablo
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Windows ADK Installation Features

Post by pablo »

I updated my Win 11 Pro to v26H2. Now I want to install the latest Windows ADK (v10.1.26100.9457, September 2026) for my future TBWinPE builds. The nine default features suggested by Microsoft result in a huge 1.8 GB installation. Which features are necessary for TBWinPE builds and which features are safe to uncheck? Are 'Deployment Tools' all I need to install?

After installation, I'll follow up with the Windows PE Installer adkwinpesetup v10.1.26100.9457.
ADK Features.jpg
ADK Features.jpg (55.02 KiB) Viewed 101 times
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Windows ADK Installation Features

Post by OldNavyGuy »

Deployment Tools, then WinPE.
Fracso
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Windows ADK Installation Features

Post by Fracso »

Remember that you only need the "10" folder. After installing WADK+PE, you can copy "10" to a location outside the OS partition, and uninstall WADK.
Post Reply