Updated TBIView and TBIMount

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

It only took about 15 minutes to decrypt the drive. After that everything worked as it should. One big surprise: With the drive encrypted it took a little over an hour to produce the IFL image. With the drive decrypted, it took slightly more than 8 minutes. What a difference!

I only have one more question. IFL version 3.64 required me to enter my name and key before it would load. My old version did not. This is not a big deal for me because I don't backup my computer that often, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do it. If there's a fix you can let me know, but right now I'm able to do the important stuff and TBIView and TBIMount are both working. Thanks for your help.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

enter the correct name/key when running makedisk to create the boot media.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

Yes, I did that to make the disk, but it requires it again after booting the disk to run the IFL program.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

that means it wasn't correct when you entered it in makedisk.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

Well, it took what I entered and proceeded. Seems like it would have returned an error message if I entered the wrong key.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

No, Makedisk doesn't check anything, it's a disk builder only.
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

Why does Makedisk ask for this information if it doesn't need it? The key that I have is the key that I was given when I first bought IFL several years ago and I'm absolutely certain that I entered it correctly. It's the same key I've used several times to make a bootable disk, but it's only been the disk I made with IFL v.3.64 that requires the key after the disk boots to continue. After I enter my name and the key that I have, the program loads and everything works great from there. It's just an inconvenience more than anything.
Bob Coleman
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by Bob Coleman »

jack450 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:28 am Why does Makedisk ask for this information if it doesn't need it?
I'm guessing, but probably so it can put it on the disk it's building so you don't have to enter the information every time you use that disk as you are currrently complaining about.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by Brian K »

jack450 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2026 3:28 am I'm absolutely certain that I entered it correctly.
Did you copy/paste the Name and Key in Makedisk?
jack450
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Updated TBIView and TBIMount

Post by jack450 »

Yeah, Bob, that would make perfect sense, but I guess that wasn't what Terabyte had in mind. And Brian, it's so good to hear from you. I hope the weather is better in Australia than it is in Houston, Texas. You solved a lot of issues for me years ago when I was fairly new to this software and forum. To answer your question, no I did not copy and paste, I entered my name and key from the keyboard.
Post Reply