Also, I managed to install BIBM to the primary ssd, but initially got this error
After rebooting BIBM launched fine
Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
- Attachments
-
- 20260416_214026.jpg (195.13 KiB) Viewed 84350 times
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
if your source is good the copy won't do that, something else is altering your partition layout or there is corruption coming from the system. You may want to run memtest86+ on the system. Also ensure you BIOS is up to date.
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
Is this a serious issue also?swayzak wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2026 8:41 pm Also, I managed to install BIBM to the primary ssd, but initially got this error
After rebooting BIBM launched fine
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
that would typically be something corrupted, it can be some bugs in the BIOS interface, but not for a system stable . I'd start with memtest86+, if it's only affecting the drives, check those cables, ports, maybe move it to a different controller.
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
ThanksTeraByte Support wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2026 6:16 am that would typically be something corrupted, it can be some bugs in the BIOS interface, but not for a system stable . I'd start with memtest86+, if it's only affecting the drives, check those cables, ports, maybe move it to a different controller.
It's a Asus P5K-E mboard (running some beloved audio hardware which cannot run on a modern system) with last available BIOS
I have never had trouble like this with this old set up, so beginning to suspect something to do with the Crucial ssd drives?
The pasted Windows 10 partitions do appear to boot fine though..
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
No errors with memtest86+
Some of these partitions were pasted over via USB 2 - I've read that there can be sector mismatches between SATA and USB 2. Could this be a reason for the problems I've been encountering?
Some of these partitions were pasted over via USB 2 - I've read that there can be sector mismatches between SATA and USB 2. Could this be a reason for the problems I've been encountering?
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
Sorted now
Started again - established internal SATA connections for all 4 drives (2 x old mechanical, 2 x SSD), SSDs set up as EMBR, and enabled AHCI in BIOS
I obviously hadn't picked up on AHCI vs IDE in the past, as this PC has been running as "IDE" since I built it 15 years ago
Everything pasted over manually fine then, with no errors, and the drives run much faster
Keeping the old 2x1TB mechanicals attached as backup data drives
Started again - established internal SATA connections for all 4 drives (2 x old mechanical, 2 x SSD), SSDs set up as EMBR, and enabled AHCI in BIOS
I obviously hadn't picked up on AHCI vs IDE in the past, as this PC has been running as "IDE" since I built it 15 years ago
Everything pasted over manually fine then, with no errors, and the drives run much faster
Keeping the old 2x1TB mechanicals attached as backup data drives