Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Can you do a BCD Edit?

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... bootit-bm/

For BIU, select the ESP, BCD Edit, select the Microsoft.xxx for the 860, OK.
Friendly
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Friendly »

I'm reviewing the instructions to see if I'm competent :D enough to move forward; if not, we'll just leave it.
What are you suspecting?

As much as I would love to use BootIt menu, this should be a bit easier and I'm not complete Nub, but now I feel like one :lol:
Last edited by Friendly on Thu Mar 19, 2026 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Try Microsoft.001. Does it have a BCD store?
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Did you initially select the ESP or the Win11 partition?
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

If I select the Win11 partition (wrong selection) I get No BCD Store.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Can you check if Fast Start is disabled on the 8100 and 860?

In Part Work select the Win11 partition, Properties.
Friendly
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Friendly »

Yes, both are disabled. I always turn off fast startup in Windows. As for BCD, I can’t edit it. It wasn’t a waste of time, you’ve been a tremendous help, but this really shouldn’t take that long, so I’ll just stick with BIOS switching :)

Thanks, Brian. It was great learning a few things. Maybe I’ll try again down the road, but for now I’m a bit tired, and I’m sure you are too.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

One last question. When you select the ESP and click BCD Edit, do you see 2 Microsoft.xxx?
Friendly
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Friendly »

No, it’s not showing.
Do you think maybe the resizing is the issue?

Why would it boot, but then after another boot windows crying to fix the problem and stops right there.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Two Separate Drives and Win11 OS

Post by Brian K »

Are we on the same page? The ESP is the EFI System partition, It should be a few hundred MiB in size. That's where the BCD Store is located.
Post Reply