TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs on Win 11 25H2 system.
Message is one of the files has an invalid signature.
Remade the UFD and still got the message
TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
Fixed it by doing the following (where E: is the drive letter for the UFD)...
copy C:\Windows\Boot\EFI_EX\bootmgfw_EX.efi E:\EFI\boot\bootx64.efi
copy C:\Windows\Boot\EFI_EX\bootmgfw_EX.efi E:\EFI\boot\bootx64.efi
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
OldNavyGuy,
The default TBWinRE UFD boots in my computer with Secure Boot enabled. Why do we have a difference?
I have the 2023 Certificates in my BIOS.
The default TBWinRE UFD boots in my computer with Secure Boot enabled. Why do we have a difference?
I have the 2023 Certificates in my BIOS.
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
I revoked the old 2011 certs.
They will formally expire starting in June.
They will formally expire starting in June.
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
And can you boot IFL? IFW in a WinPE?OldNavyGuy wrote: Mon Feb 16, 2026 4:50 am I revoked the old 2011 certs.
They will formally expire starting in June.
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
IFL boots from a UFD.
I don't use WinPE.
I don't use WinPE.
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
Also, note that some bootable UFDs will need to be rebuilt, since the EFI partition may be read-only.
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
Strange - my experience is different. If the MS UEFI CA 2011 certificate is disabled (equivalent to being revoked, I think), IFL 4.10 doesn´t boot.
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
Do a search for "garlin's PowerShell scripts for updating Secure Boot CA 2023" and "Ed Tittel Secure Boot Report Card Perfected"Fracso wrote: Tue Feb 17, 2026 4:10 pm [Strange - my experience is different. If the MS UEFI CA 2011 certificate is disabled (equivalent to being revoked, I think), IFL 4.10 doesn´t boot.
Re: TBWinRE 4.10 UFD will not boot after installing 2023 secure boot certs
Aren't you both saying the same thing? MS UEFI CA 2011 certificate is needed for IFL UFD to boot.Strange - my experience is different. If the MS UEFI CA 2011 certificate is disabled (equivalent to being revoked, I think), IFL 4.10 doesn´t boot