If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Hi,

I have a question about TBIView.... If I use TBIView and I attempt to open a .tbi file and TBIView opens that file successfully, does that mean that TBIView has validated the .tbi file?
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?

Post by OldNavyGuy »

The way I would do a validation on a .tbi file I wasn't sure about is -

1. Run Validate from the IFW menu.

2. When the .tbi file is open, recover a few files to a neutral location, and then use a tool like Beyond Compare to compare the contents of the originals to the recovered files.

3. Use something like 7-Zip to get the SHA-256 hash of the recovered files, and compare to the hash of the originals.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: If TBIView opens a .tbi file successfully, does that mean it validated the file?

Post by TeraByte Support »

ohaya1000 wrote: Sat Jan 03, 2026 5:07 pm Hi,

I have a question about TBIView.... If I use TBIView and I attempt to open a .tbi file and TBIView opens that file successfully, does that mean that TBIView has validated the .tbi file?
No, it's not anything like validate or validate byte for byte in the imaging programs.
Post Reply