New TBOSDT Pro for BootIt key is not included in TBWinRE after upgrade

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pimjoosten

New TBOSDT Pro for BootIt key is not included in TBWinRE after upgrade

Post by pimjoosten »

I have upgraded IFW to v4.00. After that I entered my new v2 BootIt Collection license on the BootIt tab of TBWinPE/RE Builder and deleted my old BootIt Bare Metal license from the same tab. I then rebuild IFW BootWIM and tested it. IFW is properly upgraded, but when I start TeraByte OSD Tool I get the message “Upgrade to Professional for BootIt (optional): To upgrade to the Professional for BootIt version, enter the name and key as shown on your BootIt Collection 2 purchase receipt. Leave the fields blank to continue with the Professional version.”. Before the upgrade this did not happen. It seems that the new key is not properly included in TBWinRE.

The license section of TBWinPE.ini does contain my new IFW v4 license, but also the old v3 license and the BIU license, similar to what is mentioned in this post: viewtopic.php?p=23611#p23611.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: New TBOSDT Pro for BootIt key is not included in TBWinRE after upgrade

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Look in the log and see which key is being used. It should be one of these:

Code: Select all

Using BootIt BM license key found in TBOSDT folder
Using BootIt UEFI license key found in TBOSDT folder (VirtualStore)
Using BootIt UEFI license key found in program settings
Builder looks for the license in this order so I'm assuming it found a key in one of the TBOSDT folders.

You should be able to work around this issue by running the installed TBOSDT and entering the new license or by deleting the old TBOSDT BOOTIT.INI file (assuming it only contains the license and you don't use the installed version) to force using the license in Builder's settings.
pimjoosten

Re: New TBOSDT Pro for BootIt key is not included in TBWinRE after upgrade

Post by pimjoosten »

You are correct, the log read "BootIt UEFI license key found in TBOSDT folder". Entering the license key in the installed TBOSDT solved it. Thank you.