Boot from USB drive?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
TeraByte Support

Re: Boot from USB drive?

Post by TeraByte Support »

it's the same as you listed in partinfo. if you want to boot usb, you would want to try usbboot.tbs script after the copy in simple operations mode, if boots another drive, look at bcd edit info as explain, and also don't assume the drive letters will be as expected.
tyee

Post by tyee »

And here is the event viewer info. What does this long number mean?

OldNavyGuy

Post by OldNavyGuy »

It appears that you have a "cloned" drive, and the "original" drive connected at the same time...
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

OldNavyGuy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:24 pm It appears that you have a "cloned" drive, and the "original" drive connected at the same time...
It's by choice. They have different Disk IDs and GUIDs and the Microsoft message is a red herring.
OldNavyGuy

Post by OldNavyGuy »

Event ID 158 refers to GUIDs, not disk IDs.

A GUID is assigned to the volume, not the drive.

Run the following command in PowerShell...

GWMI -namespace root\cimv2 -class win32_volume | FL -property DriveLetter, DeviceID
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

with GPT, there a a disk guid (replaces disk signature) and guid for partitions.
tyee

Post by tyee »

Success! This time I did the copy/clone procedure from a front panel usb port and it all worked fine. Thanks for all your help! Brian K helped also at wilderssecurity forum. I did update my BIOS to the latest yesterday. Whether that had anything to do with it, who knows.

Terabyte - It would be nice if all the settings that simple mode does were removed from the gui when selecting simple mode. I find it confusing looking at all those settings if they are irrelevant for me to adjust if simple mode is just going to override them. Maybe I should ask, are all those settings below "Simple Operation" checkbox decided by Simple Operations or me?