I'd like to get rid of the 'restored' flags

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
AndySW

Re: I'd like to get rid of the 'restored' flags

Post by AndySW »

TeraByte Support wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:37 am Using HD0 with partition ID 0x1 (the number in the parenthesis) as an example:

1) Run tbosdt as administrator.
2) list hd 0
what do you see? Presuming it matches your hard drive 0 names in the pic:
3) set part name 0 0x1 "My Label"
4) exit

for volume label with drive letter:
1) set vol "my label" d:
2) exit

for volume label with no drive letter
1) set option locking 2
2) mount 0: 0 0x1
3) set vol "my label" 0:
4) umount 0:
5) exit

For partwork in IFL gui or BootIt, highlight partition, press enter, double click or choose properties, set new name.
No sir.

Got one changed, then it started saying "invalid drive' when I tried opening any other volume, getting details, list vol or other scripts. The image for Windows stayed the same, except for the one flukey change.

Man, many things tried. Pictures in sequence as I tried TDOSDT Win, then Win11\storage\advanced, them CDM Diskpart, the burned a (dinosaur) CD after I couldn't get a USB flash to burn with OSTD makedrive. That CD didn't work, so I used my old boot drive (USB), and got into diskpart via that entry. Changed the labels again (third time) exited, rebooted, check Image for Win: same damned names.
After change names of partitions.jpg
After change names of partitions.jpg (214.18 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
After change names of partitions_B.jpg
After change names of partitions_B.jpg (133.82 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
After several hours, many attempts, many media:
After Boot-Disk created Diskpart Applied.jpg
After Boot-Disk created Diskpart Applied.jpg (160.13 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Last ditch attempt: back into TBOSDT:
Again, checked all aspects, re-ran the assignments (on lettered partitions) and label changes, exited:

More to follow: guess I've exceeded some limitation, it won't upload more pics.
AndySW

Post by AndySW »

After all said and done, pretty much back to square one.
Disk Management wont pick up labels or drives on Recovery or 'Hidden' partitions, so I don't reply on that.
Diskpart shows the proper labels and drive letters on partitions
Win11/settings/system/storage/advanced : shows proper letters and labels
Macrorit shows proper letters and labels
TBOSDT shows proper letters and labels.

Image for Windows seems to have it's own mind.

What a PITA.
3rd time re-labeled__StorageSystem_Win11.jpg
3rd time re-labeled__StorageSystem_Win11.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
3rd time relabelled with I-4-Win included.jpg
3rd time relabelled with I-4-Win included.jpg (43.52 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Ok, its pretty obvious that Image for Windows is in its own dream world (or am I?), and not picking up the new names in the system(s). Having rebooted at least a dozen times to refresh the systems while screwing around with this, it certainly isn't because the systems are not refreshed.

What next?
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

In settings, is "Use Volume Label" enabled?

You may have to exit and enter IFW again after making the changes to pick up the changes.

Also, to change the others you need to use that ID. So the W: Restored drive would be:
set part name 0 0x3 "My Label" (you shouldn't have to lock it since it's the gpt entry being changed, not the volume label).
(and again you can also set them in partwork).

The "set vol label d:" would be the same as changing the label in via properties of the drive in Windows. But for those partition / file systems windows can't access, you can use the mount method.
AndySW

Post by AndySW »

How do I set the partition label (ie: disk o, partition 1 is now Part1) to read nothing (ie: blank)?
AndySW

Post by AndySW »

And... I can not get into the settings for the TBOSDT. Wend through all directories and files. It this needed to be set up in the overall install?
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

By the way, in tbosdt you can disable using the volume label as the partition name so that you can see the actual entry names via:
set option usevollab 0
(the default is 1 - you can see what the current settings is via: set option usevollab)

To set an empty name you use:
set part name 0 1 ""

Caveat: If there is no partition entry name (blank) tbosdt will still use the volume label (even if usevollab is 0). Normally people wouldn't want unnamed partition entries.

The Restored name of GPT/EMBR can come from unnamed partitioned entries being restored.

Not sure what you're talking about with TBOSDT settings, I was referring to checking your IFW settings to ensure Use Volume Labels is enabled.
AndySW

Post by AndySW »

Done, done, and done. The best part of the solution was to 'use Volume names". Once the partions were relabelled, IFW picked them up pronto with that checked off. The rest was easy.
Bloody hell: that solution so simple yet took so long to get.

Appreciate your assistance, without it still in the stew-pot. Have a good one.