Script language

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
MerleOne

Script language

Post by MerleOne »

Hi,
Just a basic question, I cannot find where the script language is described. I would like to edit a GUI generated script by adding the creation of a logfile the name of which would display the date/hour and type of the backup.
Thanks.
.merle1.
TeraByte Support

Re: Script language

Post by TeraByte Support »

If you're referring to TBScript (.tbs), the manual is installed with IFW, the program group has it. Plus the extensions are in the TBOSDT Manual. Also there are samples at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/tbosdt/ (bottom).

If you're referring to .run files, those just run tbosdt commands but you can convert it to TBScript via the ext() function.

If you're referring to batch files, you can find a lot of references online.

Same if you're referring to bash / shell scripts in linux.
MerleOne

Post by MerleOne »

TeraByte Support wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:15 pm If you're referring to TBScript (.tbs), the manual is installed with IFW, the program group has it. Plus the extensions are in the TBOSDT Manual. Also there are samples at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/tbosdt/ (bottom).

If you're referring to .run files, those just run tbosdt commands but you can convert it to TBScript via the ext() function.

If you're referring to batch files, you can find a lot of references online.

Same if you're referring to bash / shell scripts in linux.
Thanks, it's the first item I was looking for (.tbs syntax). I did find the references I was looking for in the manual (I was looking online instead of locally...). Everything seems to be there, I just have to experiment a bit now.
Thanks !
Regards,
.merle1.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

online it would be in the tbsodt download and the bootit collection download.