BootIt UEFI Installed vs. USB

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
bbearren

BootIt UEFI Installed vs. USB

Post by bbearren »

I have six SSD's, three are NVMe and three are SATA. In the installed BootIt UEFI v1.42 when I enter Partition Work, only the NVMe drives are available. If I boot the USB BootIt UEFI v1.42, all six drives are available.
What do I need to do in order to see all six drives via the installed BootIt UEFI?
TeraByte Support

Re: BootIt UEFI Installed vs. USB

Post by TeraByte Support »

Update the firmware or contact the mobo maker to update the firmware. It gets the list of drives from the firmware.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You could also check the BIOS for a setting to initialize all drives on startup. A lot have the setting disabled to boot up more quickly, but it may cause some drives to not show in some scenarios.
bbearren

Post by bbearren »

All six drives are visible in the UEFI and labeled as to NVMe or SATA. As for, " It gets the list of drives from the firmware." doesn't that hold true for both installed BootIt UEFI and booted from USB? Where else would either get the list of drives?
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

Yes, which is why it's something with the firmware, booting in to the UEFI setup or booting a UFD may init all drives, booting without any intervention, may do the quick boot so look for that bios setting, sometimes it's also just called quick startup.
bbearren

Post by bbearren »

Faststart or quick startup has been disabled on my PC's since its inception from Windows. There is even a warning about that setting in BootIt UEFI and BootItBM. I'm using the latest firmware.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

bbearren wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:08 am Faststart or quick startup has been disabled on my PC's since its inception from Windows.
This is a different "fast". It's not the one you have disabled.
Look for something like Fast Boot in the BIOS.
bbearren

Post by bbearren »

Brian K wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:25 am This is a different "fast". It's not the one you have disabled.
Look for something like Fast Boot in the BIOS.
I finally found the correct setting about three layers deep in my ASUS BIOS. I have BootIt UEFI installed now, and it sees all of my SSD's.
Thanks.