TeraByte programs do not update in TBWinRE

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pimjoosten

TeraByte programs do not update in TBWinRE

Post by pimjoosten »

I am currently looking into recovery media at a much more detailed level than before in order to improve my use of it and of IFW. I have for the first time activated the TBLauncher option “Search for updated versions of the TeraByte programs” together with “Ask user before updating to use newer versions”. When I test these settings running a TBWinRE CD or UFD with IFW v3.60 where IFW v3.61a is installed in the current Windows 7 installation, I get the message "Updated versions of the TeraByte programs were found. Would you like to use them? Selecting 'Yes' will update the programs in this boot session. Selecting 'No' will use the versions included in the build". If I click Yes there is however no update, IFW v3.60 opens automatically.

If I then close IFW and click Tools > Search for Updated Programs in TBLauncher it says "No newer versions of the TeraByte programs were found". I assume something is going wrong here.

In the Windows installation I use a different program folder for IFW than the default one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Image for Windows. However, I also get this error when I copy that entire folder to the default location C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore Suite, which I did in order to test whether it was caused by using a different program folder.

This happens on both a Windows 7 x64 and a Windows 7 x86 machine, each with their own TBWinRE on CD/UFD. Normally I use CD's as rescue media, but in case that would not work because a CD is not writable, I also tested a UFD in both cases. Should this also work on CD?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: TeraByte programs do not update in TBWinRE

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I see the issue and will look into it.

Regarding using CD's, it doesn't matter. The update check is the same and the boot media doesn't need to be writable.
pimjoosten

Re: TeraByte programs do not update in TBWinRE

Post by pimjoosten »

Thank you.