Upgrade BootIT UEFI from 1.36 to 1.41 - drops to C prompt

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
RichMD

Upgrade BootIT UEFI from 1.36 to 1.41 - drops to C prompt

Post by RichMD »

I previously installed BootIT UEFI 1.36 on a Samsung NVME with no problems and recently wanted to upgrade everything to the latest version. I installed the latest Image for Windows and have tried MANY times to use the makedisk (with the new version) to create a Bootit UEFI USB and no matter what I do, it simply boots and drops to a C:\ prompt with 3 files, the efi directory and boot directory. I tried "Boot ...imagename", etc. Just to confirm I was doing things right, I recreated the USB with the old version and it boots to the GUI and asks to reinstall, etc. I have tried different USBs, USB partition format, etc. with the new version and nothing works for me. I have not yet tried downloading a version between 1.36 and 1.41 since I found my account was locked due to "too many downloads" which I didn't even realize was possible - I certainly didn't go crazy with them in the past. However, I now have access again but am not sure what will lock me out again.
Any suggestions and has anyone created Bootit UEFI V1.41 and had it boot to a GUI prompting to upgrade?
TeraByte Support

Re: Upgrade BootIT UEFI from 1.36 to 1.41 - drops to C prompt

Post by TeraByte Support »

what's in the bootit.ini file both on the boot media and installed?

Also are you sure you created a BootIt disk and not TBOSDT ?
RichMD

Re: Upgrade BootIT UEFI from 1.36 to 1.41 - drops to C prompt

Post by RichMD »

Thanks for the reply,

Actually, I resolved this shortly after I posted it. I was always using the makedisk within the "All in One Suite" installation subfolder to create a Bootit UEFI USB. After I posted this, I downloaded the separate "Bootit Collection" and used that makedisk and it worked the first time to upgrade to 1.41. I haven't read all the docs, so I haven't been sure if the "Suite" included everything so other downloads are redundant.

Can you let me know what is "allowed" for downloads before my account auto-locks? I save the download but I have wiped, restored installations and sometimes didn't worry about downloads figuring I could do it again.

Thank you