tbiview returns error 64 opening .tbi file

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Alex

tbiview returns error 64 opening .tbi file

Post by Alex »

The TBIview module of Image for Linux is unable to work with any .tbi backup file I've made. It returns "Error 64 opening <name-of-backup-file>.tbi. This usually means the file is not accessible or the file is invalid. Ensure the file exists and the user has read permissions; update to the latest version of TBIview; consider checking or replacing system RAM."

The files I've tried to open do exisit. Midnight Commander says owner, group and other have read permission. Using TBIview 1.52 (which was the latest when I downloaded the Image for Linux package). System RAM seems to be working fine for everything else. The error 64 is returned for .tbi backups of NTFS and ext3 formatted partitions. Image for Linux is able to read and restore these backups, so they appear to be valid.
TeraByte Support

Re: tbiview returns error 64 opening .tbi file

Post by TeraByte Support »

where do they exist? what is mounted to access them?

is the extension lower or upper case, matters under linux.
Alex

Post by Alex »

.tbi files on both optical media and on an ext3-formatted hard disk partition get error 64 returned by TBIview running in a Linux environment. The extension is whatever Image for Linux named it when it created the files. The .tbi files shows up in the TBIview choices, and are selected and OKed with no typed keyboard entry necessary (or even possible). It does seem to be a Linux-based problem, as the same files and media can be opened with TBIview running on Image for Windows.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

are you running tbiview from the boot disk or an installed distro? Do you have a small .tbi (perhaps of an empty file system or one with just a couple files) that reproduces it?