WinRE Windows 11 background image doesn't redraw

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
crawfish

WinRE Windows 11 background image doesn't redraw

Post by crawfish »

I just built a new WinRE image in Windows 11 for IFW 3.60, and the background image doesn't redraw for the first several minutes I'm in the environment. That is, dragging a window, closing the menu, etc leaves a solid black rectangle instead of redrawing the background. Also, the mouse cursor is the hourglass during this time. It doesn't seem to interfere with anything, but this is new. Any idea how to fix it?
Brian K

Re: WinRE Windows 11 background image doesn't redraw

Post by Brian K »

crawfish,

I think it's been like this for over 6 months since the Microsoft .wim was changed. I can't find the thread with this information.

TBWinPE is fine as it doesn't use that wim.
Hadron

Post by Hadron »

It's been like that for quite a long time with Windows 11 and WinRE.
You could probably work around the issue by using an older version of Winre.wim.
crawfish

Post by crawfish »

OK, thanks. What about chgres? The only resolution available to me is 1024x768 at an oddball 64 Hz. I've never tried to change the resolution before.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The available resolutions are those reported as supported by the environment. UEFI mode may only support one (often the maximum). Legacy mode may have more. The GPU used can also affect what's available. On some UEFI systems, the resolutions available vary depending on whether Secure Boot is enabled and/or Legacy booting is enabled. Different resolutions may be used with different booting methods too. For example, booting directly from Windows may result in 1024x768 while booting a UFD may use full resolution.
crawfish

Post by crawfish »

I'm running a 3060 Ti, and the PC is UEFI with Secure Boot. I'm booting from a USB drive.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Well, you may be stuck with that resolution then. It won't switch to one it doesn't see as supported. It might make a difference using DisplayPort vs HDMI. If you have a choice you could try that, but you're probably already using what you like best in Windows.