Differences between PHYLock defaults in manual and actual IFW defaults

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pimjoosten

Differences between PHYLock defaults in manual and actual IFW defaults

Post by pimjoosten »

The IFW manual mentions in Table 2 "PHYLock Parameters" that the default for PHYLockReleaseLock is that IFW uses PHYLock only if IFW cannot obtain a normal lock, which corresponds with PHYLockReleaseLock=0. But if I look at ifw.ini (I have set PHYLockUseReg=0 in ifw.ini) if I toggle the Use and Release Lock option on the PHYLock tab of IFW settings, only PHYLockReleaseLock=0 is included if I disable that option. There is no PHYLockReleaseLock line if the option is enabled. Therefore, looking at ifw.ini it seems that PHYLockReleaseLock=1 is the default option. Is this an error in the manual?

The same is the case for PHYLockVolFlush where the manual states that PHYLockVolFlush=0 is the default, but looking at ifw.ini it seems that PHYLockVolFlush=1 is the default, because PHYLockVolFlush is only included in ifw.ini if PHYLockVolFlush=0.

I have seen similar differences between the defaults mentioned in the manual and the defaults in ifw.ini for PHYLock DiskCacheSize (default in manual: 600, ifw.ini default: 1024) and PHYLockMaxWaitTime (default in manual: 0, ifw.ini default: 10).