BootIt BM 1.44mb floppy image

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
nosuch

BootIt BM 1.44mb floppy image

Post by nosuch »

I recently purchased the BootIt Collection and wanted to install BootIt BM on a machine that only boots from floppy (attempts to boot from CD work fine for Image but fail for BM which I attribute to lacking emulated floppy support). Is there a way to create a 1.44mb boot floppy with the licensed version of the current BootIt BM product?

Caveat - this machine has a dead CMOS battery. Before I purchased BootIt Collection I tried the demo floppy that's 1.44mb, and while it installed BootIt without issue, after the machine was unplugged for a few hours it gave a warning message about the demo having expired (since it was nowhere near the 30 day limit I attributed it to the dead CMOS battery). Do I need to fix the battery/date issue to avoid copy protection problems?
TeraByte Support

Re: BootIt BM 1.44mb floppy image

Post by TeraByte Support »

you can try it without disk imaging or scripting to see if it fits anymore but you can't get all the features on a floppy anymore.
joliebrousseau

Post by joliebrousseau »

It's great that you purchased the BootIt Collection, and I'm happy to help you with your question.

Yes, it is possible to create a bootable 1.44mb floppy with the licensed version of BootIt BM. You can do this by following these steps:

Insert a blank 1.44mb floppy disk into your computer's floppy drive.
Open BootIt BM and go to the "MakeDisk" option under the "Utilities" menu.
Select the "Floppy" option and choose your floppy drive from the dropdown menu.
Click on the "Make Disk" button to create the bootable floppy.
Regarding your caveat, it's possible that the issue with the demo version expiring is due to the dead CMOS battery. I would recommend fixing the battery and setting the correct date and time on your machine to avoid any potential copy protection problems.
nosuch

Post by nosuch »

Thanks, removing scripting and imaging worked. The image still fits on a 1.44mb floppy and booted/installed fine.