Strange Issue

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Friendly

Strange Issue

Post by Friendly »

I have 2 identical installations of windows 10 Pro, one on Samsung 860 Pro SATA 3 and on Firecuda 530 NVMe. Both of them are fresh clean installation with latest 22H2 19045.2728 the only thing that is installed on them is chipstet and NVIDIA driver, btw. we talking latest IFW as well.

While restoring on Samsung after getting error window "Unable to obtain a lock on drive C" I use the "Reboot" and ifw creates scrip file I assume and prompts me to reboot , after reboot starting to restore, so it works perfectly.

Going to bios and changing to Firecuda 530 which has identical copy of OS and after going through exactly the same process and then getting to reboot part I get this error:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (221.06 KiB) Viewed 1333 times

Help would be appreciated.
Thank you
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: Strange Issue

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Check TBWinPE/RE Builder's log file for the issue preventing the build. Run Builder and view the log from the help menu. (To easily run Builder, you can run IFW, click the Utilities button and select the "Create Image for Windows Boot Media" option.)
Friendly

Re: Strange Issue (Fixed)

Post by Friendly »

Dear Support,

I have been struggling with this weird issue for the past few days and why would this work on 1 drive, but would refuse to work on another drive. After trying different configurations and keep on restoring fresh windows 10 installation on both drives and still this wouldn't work on Firecuda 530, the only thing that made sense to me was that this had something to do with type of drives SATA SDD and NVMe, what else.

As I pointed out, both Windows 10 pro and what was installed on them were 100% identical so go figure.
Here is even weirdest part that made me more puzzled then before and keep in mind when I did all the testing and I did them # of times my PC was offline to avoid any potential changes to the systems e.g updates any drivers install and ext.

This morning I did last attempt, before I was going to get the log and send it to you and again, the PC was offline and here we go, it worked perfectly on both Samsung 860 Pro and Firecuda 530 I repeated that several more times with different configurations e.g different apps installs ext. and it works perfectly, that is the strangest troubleshooting and outcome I have ever encountered.

I was trying make some sense and what is different form days when this wouldn't work and this time and I'm totally lost.

One, small thing that is different from other times is the log I don't know what significance that makes, but its maybe worth for me to mention.

Before when I used the utility to view log with the process of the TBWinRE built and ultimately error it would just show it, this time using utility it would tell me "log can't be found"...something in those lines and if I wanted the log to be created, that is the only difference. I'm still in the dark and don't know what was caused this, but I'm just happy that is working perfectly now.

Thank you very much for your assistance.