Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software when updating to v3.57

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
pimjoosten

Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software when updating to v3.57

Post by pimjoosten »

When updating IFW to v3.57 on Windows 7 (x86 or x64, both updated to accept SHA256 signing) I get the error “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software” during the installation process of TBIView. Apparently the TBIHD driver does not have the appropriate signature, because when I choose “Don’t install this driver software“ get the message “Unable to install TBIHD driver “next. If I choose “Install this driver software anyway“ I can see something strange under the properties of tbihd.sys for the name of the signer of the SHA1 certificate: TeraByte Unlimited SHA1 (see attachment), which is different from the name of the SHA256 certificate. The SHA256 certificate of v3.57 as well as both the SHA1 and SHA256 certificates of the previous tbihd.sys driver version had TeraByte, Inc as the name of the signer. It seems that the SHA1 certificate for tbihd.sys has not been removed properly.
Attachments
2023-03-21_14-30-52.jpg
2023-03-21_14-30-52.jpg (50 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
TeraByte Support

Re: Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software when updating to v3.57

Post by TeraByte Support »

I think the old version was supposed to be used for Win7 since we can no longer sign drivers for it.