IFL wirless support

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
sewagepipe

IFL wirless support

Post by sewagepipe »

I've read a few configuration files and even the manual and I am aware that wireless isn't supported (at least by default) but I would still like some advice on getting the wireless functionality to work. I have a device with a RTL8822CE on the PCI bus. The kernel version of the IFL boot disk I am using is '5.15.60-amd64-iflnet'. I downloaded two files that I think are firmware files 'rtw8822b_fw.bin' and 'rtw8822c_fw.bin' and placed them in the directory /wireless/firmware and then ran the ./makeHDD script, configured the first interface as a wireless device with SSID and PSK configured for my wireless network. But when I boot from the finished boot disk I get no networking and iwconfig returns 'no wireless extensions'. Can anyone guide me in the right direction on how to get wireless working on IFL?
TeraByte Support

Re: IFL wirless support

Post by TeraByte Support »

start with creating a report which will show lspci output and dmsg output - see https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... boot-disk/

Look for any "missing" firmware or "error" items in the output, check your lspci result to see if you have multiple controllers, also what does iwconfig show, you probably have multiple eth devices if all the drivers needed are loaded.
sewagepipe

Re: IFL wireless support

Post by sewagepipe »

I generated a report. I can't say if I can properly read it so I'll attach it to this post. I didn't find any "missing" or "error" items. lspci shows my one and only wireless adapter, which looks correct because this laptop only has Wi-Fi and no Ethernet port. iwconfig returns - 'no wireless extensions'.

Here is the contents of the generated report.txt file. I opted to use a Github Gist because your forum was flagging it as inappropriate when appending it to this post using code tags:
https://gist.github.com/Volkanite/67273 ... 0478672ac5
TeraByte Support

Re: IFL wirless support

Post by TeraByte Support »

It doesn't look like CONFIG_RTW88_8822CE is enabled on the kernel so it will have to wait until next update.