unable to back up my hard drive

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Kikios

unable to back up my hard drive

Post by Kikios »

I have been using terrabyte for quite some time, and this week I encountered a backup problem; when I launch TBWINRE to backup my local disk C which has 200GB then TBWINRE detects only 15GB and me I want to backup 200 GB, please help me to solve this problem?
Attachments
9befbed9-6086-47e0-be68-ddbf3552ec86.jpg
9befbed9-6086-47e0-be68-ddbf3552ec86.jpg (120.07 KiB) Viewed 1185 times
Brian K

Re: unable to back up my hard drive

Post by Brian K »

Have a look in Disk Management. How much Free Space do you have in the C: drive?

Is the C: drive in TBWinRE the same partition as the C: drive in Windows?
Kikios

Post by Kikios »

Thank you for your quick response, my local disk C has as free space 200 GB and the C: drive in TBWinRE does not have the same partition as the C: drive in Windows ; because the TBWINRE is installed in a USB flash drive, the internal drive C is a windows partition and the G drive is an external drive so three different things, and what you see in the image is a backup of local disk C to the external drive G but the problem is when I launch TBWINRE ( USB flash drive) to backup my local disk C which has 200GB then TBWINRE detects only 15GB and the rest of 200GB is not backed up
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

Free space (typically) is not backed up. You said you have 200 GB of Free space in the C: drive. If you have 15 GB of Used space in the C: drive then 15 GB will be backed up.
Kikios

Post by Kikios »

yes it's true you're right, but what I didn't understand before when he starts the backup he mentions 200 GB remaining even though I only have 15 GB used,and now he mentions 15 GB remaining so I don't know what has changed, anyway the problem is solved and thank you very much for your help Brian and a big thank you for the terrabyte unlimited company which offers us the best of the best backup products.