Windows 10 shutdown and upgrade problem with UEFI 1.32

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
jfh900

Windows 10 shutdown and upgrade problem with UEFI 1.32

Post by jfh900 »

I have installed on a large number of computers the bootit 1.32 UEFI version. Each computer has 7 partitions, the first one is a Windows 10 version with all the necessary programs installed and the other 6 are clones of this first partition. The cloning has been done by including it in the bootini menu and has created, inside each partition, the Microsoft.00x folders. So far so good, the partitions boot without any problem. However, they present two serious problems:

1º) You can not turn off the computer with the option: startup/shutdown/shutdown because the computer restarts again in the same partition.

2º) And more serious, it is not possible to update the version of Windows, since the 30% of the computer restarts, undoing the update and taking 5 minutes to boot the computer.

The most notable error that the computer presents when booting Bootit is the message:

Warning: Unable to point UEFI to current boot item (1h 0h).

I have searched the forum for a possible solution, but I have not found anything that tells me how to fix this problem.
TeraByte Support

Re: Windows 10 shutdown and upgrade problem with UEFI 1.32

Post by TeraByte Support »

1 - ensure fast startup is disabled.

2 - that message about unable to point UEFI can be ignored. As long as you use the rename option on the boot items, updates work as normal, if there is a problem, it's an update/windows issue.
jfh900

Re: Windows 10 shutdown and upgrade problem with UEFI 1.32

Post by jfh900 »

I have downloaded the 1.36 UEFI evaluation version and it seems to work correctly the updates and shutdown of the machine does one have to buy the new version or is there a limited number of free updates available?