UEFI-add partition to Boot edit

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
Brian K

Re: UEFI-add partition to Boot edit

Post by Brian K »

Partition Work
EFI System Partition
BCD Edit
Select the Microsoft.001 line
OK

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... bootit-bm/

Do the same for Microsoft.002 (Is your second Boot Edit Item Microsoft.002?)

Maybe...

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... menu-item/
Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman »

Brian K wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:41 pm You have a Microsoft dual boot as well as a BIU dual boot. I'm not sure how you can remove the Microsoft dual boot.
It was said "I now boot into Windows "Choose an OS" menu, not BUI ..." (emphasis added by me).

Even if there is a Microsoft dual boot as well as a BIU dial boot, unless there is something else wrong, wouldn't the Microsoft dual boot be reached via one of the BIU boot items?
skipro

Post by skipro »

To reiterate:
In my case the Win boot menu supersedes the BUI menu. The only way I can get the BUI menu is to boot with Flash drive and reactivate each time, even though "auto reactivate" is checked. I wonder why checking "auto reactivate" does not seem to work.

This may be the result of my method to create a dual boot. I added a 2nd "MENU" item. Had I added "Microsoft.002\Boot\Bootmfgw.efi", this may not occur. This would be my quess. I cannot experiment as I no longer have access to this computer.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

you have to boot to it then it would reactivate itself. Sounds like your BIOS isn't holding the boot order you set.
skipro

Post by skipro »

I do boot it. Prior to this, BIOS booted to BUI, therefore held order then.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

You could try this. In the BIOS Boot Priority Order, disable all entries except the BIU entry. These other entries can return. Disable them again. Only have BIU in the list.