had many partitions , computer went down , installed hard drive into new computer , lost partiton pointers

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
mushka500

had many partitions , computer went down , installed hard drive into new computer , lost partiton pointers

Post by mushka500 »

Hello all ..I had a laptop built many years ago and had about 15 partitions and some were windows xp and some were windows 7 ultimate... That laptop crashed and i installed that hard drive in a similar machine but lost all partitions of windows xp .. The only partitions that worked was the windows 7 ultimate. Stupid me, tried to compress that drive and then when i tried to boot into it , bootlt bare metal says its compressed and wont boot into it... I cannot do any maintenance on it and dont know how to yet since the password to do maintenance is not known , someone else built this system.. Can someone guide me what tool of this software suite to use and a general overview how to do it..Much appreciated.