IFW Legacy v3.55 Flagged by Google Anti-Virus

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Muad'Dib

IFW Legacy v3.55 Flagged by Google Anti-Virus

Post by Muad'Dib »

I just ran VirusTotal.com against IFW Legacy v3.55, and the displayed (previous) analysis showed no malicious flags, but then re-evaluating the file showed Google flagging it as "Detected" (no further details). Something happened in Google's engine between the previous evaluation (about 7 or 8 days ago, I don't exactly remember) and today's that caused Google to now flag it.

I realize this is almost definitely a false positive, but you may want to submit this to Google AV (I have no idea how), to see if they can remove the flag. If this flag had come from one of the more obscure engines, I likely would completely discount it, but since it comes from Google, it probably would help if they can either confirm it as a false positive (and remove the flag) or tell you specifically is causing them to flag it.

FYI, the non-legacy v3.55 reported as clean for all AV engines, also previous legacy versions 3.53 & 3.54 all reported as clean (even after re-evaluation). However, legacy v3.52 reported totally clean 4 months ago, but re-evaluation caused Google to flag it.

I think this is the first time in recent memory that I've seen any VirusTotal AV engine flag IFW.