An undo for "create/update TBWinRE WIM used for reboot" utility?

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
tooney

An undo for "create/update TBWinRE WIM used for reboot" utility?

Post by tooney »

I just installed IFW on a new Windows 11 computer. Intending to create an IFW boot media disk, I mistakenly ran the utility "create/update TBWinRE WIM used for reboot". I see that it has added a menu for Terabyte/IFW functions to the Windows 11 recovery screen.
1. Is that all that this utility does?
2. Is there any way I can undo that change to the Windows 11 recovery screen so that the Terabyte add-on is not there?
(I don't object to the Terabyte functionality, but I'd prefer not to have made that change to standard Windows so soon after I purchased the computer.)

I've used IFW on my other computers for years and have been happy with it. And, I did make the IFW boot media disk I wanted.
Thanks.
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: An undo for "create/update TBWinRE WIM used for reboot" utility?

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

That option updates the installed WinRE to include IFW and the other TeraByte utilities and allows IFW to restart to it to perform a restore it can't do in Windows (like restoring the Windows partition). If you want to use the feature, but don't want to use the installed WinRE, you can set the option to use IFW BootWIM instead (Builder Settings, IFW WinRE tab).

To remove it, run Builder and use the option to restore the original WinRE when selecting the TBWinRE build type.
tooney

Post by tooney »

Thanks for your reply.
To reset the Windows recovery screen on my computer to what it was before I ran the TB utility, I run the builder program and when it gets to Build Type, I select the option: Restore the original Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
Is that correct?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

Yes.

And then if you want to configure the IFW reboot feature to not use the installed WinRE, go into Settings and set to use IFW BootWIM instead.
tooney

Post by tooney »

Got it. Thanks.
Glad the undo function is there in builder program. Your developers figured out there would be users like me. :-)