Unable to load tbimount

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
vhradice

Unable to load tbimount

Post by vhradice »

I am trying to use tbimount to look at a IFL backup. When I try to install tbimount.ko I get the followin message

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module tbimount.ko: Invalid module format

When I unziped the tbimount download, there were many directories created. Each one contains a tbimount.ko file. I assume that the directory is related to the version on Linux i am running. Which one do I use?

uname -a
Linux Vince2 5.16.10-100.fc34.x86_64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 16 14:25:21 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank you
TeraByte Support

Re: Unable to load tbimount

Post by TeraByte Support »

Linux doesn't really allow drivers to be loaded across different versions because they use defines based on config options, you'll have to use the IFL boot disk, and the version from the directory that matches kernel version.
vhradice

Post by vhradice »

I don't understand. What does the IFL boot disk do? Will it load Fedora (my Linux distro) or Image for Linux?

Do you mean BootIt? It looks like that is a boot manager. I am using grub2 and I don't want to change. Do I need to load the driver under Linux? If so, how do I do it using my current environment? It looks like there were versions of the drivers up to kernel version 5.10.91. Is that true? Why did you stop?
Last edited by vhradice on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeraByte Support

Post by TeraByte Support »

It will boot a version of Linux where you can use tbimount and then mount another partition if you want to copy items off of it. mc is available. You can use tbiview from within Linux for supported file systems to find files in the backup file.