New boot disk required

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
IHipschman

New boot disk required

Post by IHipschman »

Do I need to create a new DOS boot disk or TBWinRE USB drive each time I install a new version of Image for Windows?
TeraByte Support(PP)

Re: New boot disk required

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

It's recommended to have the current boot media created so it's available if needed. However, if you have multiple systems available that you can use to create it, then it usually becomes less of an issue.
IHipschman

Post by IHipschman »

I'm not sure I expressed the question well. When you issue a new version of Image for Windows, such as going from 3.4 to 3.5, do I need to create a new DOS boot disk or TBWinRE drive or will my old one created with version 3.4 still work?

Thanks
TeraByte Support(PP)

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

The answer is still the same as previously posted. Generally, there may be new features/fixes in the update(s) that your existing boot media wouldn't have. Also, occasionally, the image files created by the newer version require that version (or later) to restore them. In those cases, you wouldn't be able to restore those images with the older version on your existing boot media. The point is, don't get in a position where you need to restore and you can't because the boot media is too old and you can't create the current version easily.

Upgrade history (change log) is available from the support pages if you want to see the main changes.
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/upgra ... r-windows/