Dissabling BootIT modifying the boot menu

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI
TeraByte Support

Re: Dissabling BootIT modifying the boot menu

Post by TeraByte Support »

if you disable the manage option on the EFI System partition, boot items won't be automatically handled so it wouldn't see a new os. The rename option should be on so windows can find it for updates and such, but if not managed there may be a new one in the way. but the messages contradict themselves, is it the boot it menu or is it a menu that shows up after booting an item (a double menu of sorts). You should email support with specific steps to reproduce.
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

Brian K wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:20 am Davy, this is a Microsoft multi-boot menu and has nothing to do with BootIt. You can get the same menu without BootIt.
Hi Brian, I'm sorry. I've misunderstood your question. What I meant is that the entry is added to the bootit menu upon windows boot.

I am not talking about the Windows Boot Manager.

Greetz,

Davy
nemesis

Post by nemesis »

if you disable the manage option on the EFI System partition, boot items won't be automatically handled so it wouldn't see a new os.

Hi, I see! The bit 55 (BIU Managed) was indeed on.
TeraByte Support wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:16 pm The rename option should be on so windows can find it for updates and such, but if not managed there may be a new one in the way. but the messages contradict themselves, is it the boot it menu or is it a menu that shows up after booting an item (a double menu of sorts).
Yes, my apologies. To be clear the problem is BootIT not Windows Boot Manager. Windows Boot Manager reads the BCD which I create myself and has just one option which it boots automatically, no menu is displayed. I misunderstood Brian's question.
TeraByte Support wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:16 pm You should email support with specific steps to reproduce.
I will retest with the partition flag and update this threat. If I still have issues I will make a proper case description and email support (although I prefer the forum since it'll help others as well)